Skip to main content

Two Tier Firewall Setup

More
21 years 7 months ago #212 by Archangel
What is the best setup when configuring a two tier firewall, I'm currently using a stateful inspection firewall and lets name it as brand A , I'm now looking for another firewall for extra security. Do you advise that I should use the same brand but a more powerful model or use a different brand ?
More
21 years 7 months ago #213 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Two Tier Firewall Setup
Archangel,

Firewalls that use Statefull Inspection are very good. Personaly my firewall does the same thing and I have never had a problem.
You don't need to add a second firewall to be more secure. If this was the case, most companies would have 5 or 6 of them, but this wouldn't make them secure !
I'm not aware of the firewall you have, since you didn't mention it, but if its configured properly, then I would advise you to visit the Shields UP ! website
( grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 ) and test the firewall out to see how secure it is.

At my last job, we had one firewall for each Internet connection and it worked nicely without any problems. Here at home I use a Linux firewall which I've never had problems with.

The only thing you should keep in mind is that the more holes (ports) you open through a firewall, the more insecure it might become.

Let us know what the outcome was !

Kind Regards,
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds