Skip to main content

CISCO ASA 5505 firewall configuration

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #20493 by bkana
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Cisco firewalls and recently purchased an ASA 5505 security appliance for my company. I need some help in the initial configuration and setup of my device. Although I'm well versed in networking, there are many caveats to the firewall that I need help with. I used the Startup Wizard to configure the 5505 with my IP settings, hoping it would, at least, let me connect to the internet - it did not, so obviously I am missing something (or many things) I use the private addressing scheme inside (192.168.0.1-255) and have a public range of 216.64.x.x consisting of 15 addresses. I have an older firewall that I attempted to mirror the settings for on the 5505. Could someone provide some direction. I'll be glad to provide all the information you need. Would posting the configuration help?

Cheers,
Bill
More
17 years 4 weeks ago #20526 by Elohim
You probably need to set up some natting and some ACLs.
More
17 years 4 weeks ago #20532 by smitherton
I would first start out by defining your interfaces. Assigning an address to the internal network and an address to the external. Then you would have to define which interface is "lan" and which is "internet" etc. . . p.m. me your email and I can send you a good pdf how to.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20712 by lestat
hi,

I'm in the same situation, i'm a beginner in cisco and specialy in ASA.
is it possible to have somme help please :oops:

and excuse my english but i'm french and beginner in english too :roll:
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20729 by lestat
nobody ? :oops:
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20730 by Smurf
ASA is a massive subject with courses over weeks. It would be best to post specific questions instead of "need some help". What do you need help with ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds