Skip to main content

IP ADDRESSING & SUBNETS

More
21 years 2 months ago #516 by Sunny
Can any one help me??

Suppose that Company ABCD owns Class B address 130.15 (i.e., this is the network address) and needs:

- 4 LANs with 300-500 systems (Large)
- 20 LANs with 50-100 systems (Medium)
- 1000 LANs with 10-20 systems (Small)

1 -Describe how you would determine the subnet masks for each of the above subnetworks. (Suggestion: use the number of hosts, instead of number of LANs, required by each LAN as the basis to determine the subnet mask)
2-What are the address ranges of the hosts in each subnet? (For example, hosts in the first Large subnet can range from 130.15.0.1 to 130.15.1.254)
3-When “designing” your subnets and the address range do not forget to leave a portion of unused addresses for each subnet to enable future additions or changes.
4-Do not use all ‘1s’ for subnet or host number. Do not use all ‘0s’ for host numbers. You may use all `0s’ for subnet number.
5- In the case of CIDR, answer the following questions:
5.1 - Would you still need 16 bits (i.e., a class B) for the network part?
5.2 - How would the address be distributed? Use the CIDR notation.

Thanks
Sunny

Sunny
More
21 years 2 months ago #517 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic IP ADDRESSING & SUBNETS
This post was answered through a series of emails - way to big to post here [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] !

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
21 years 1 month ago #518 by luru27
Replied by luru27 on topic IP ADDRESSING & SUBNETS
IS there any way that i can get the answer to Sunny's post.
More
21 years 1 month ago #519 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic IP ADDRESSING & SUBNETS
Luru,

The answer to sunny's question was a series of emails, around 6 or so and got very messy due to the fact you wouldnt ever split up such a large network using one class B address because your likely to have remote lans over wans, and possibly a man (metropolitan area network).

The question is purely theory based and I consider invalid for implementation.

If you like, you can email Sunny and he can give you the information, alternative, leave a msg here and I'll see what I can gather from the emails and send you a few lines of information to help you see how it was tackeled.

I would have posted it here, but its really way to long.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds