Skip to main content

web based api Dialer???

More
10 years 9 months ago #38359 by thebox
Hello everyone

I am trying to set up a web based api dialer.

The idea is to handle hundreds of outgoing calls at the same time.

Can anyone suggest how this can be implemented?

Many thanks
Mazz
More
10 years 9 months ago #38362 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: web based api Dialer???
Hello,

Any solution for that is going to have more then one part to it. The first and most basic part is the hardware. Something is going to be doing the dialing. It may be a card device inside a computer/server or it may be a physical auto-dialer which is attached to your network independently. At any rate you want a web interface for internal or external connection to control such a device, to do that you're going to need to use some sort of scripting/programing language as a back end for a webpage. Personally I suggest active server pages.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
10 years 9 months ago #38364 by thebox
Replied by thebox on topic Re: web based api Dialer???
Thanks Nevins

Do yo uknow what the pro's and cons are between the pc and dedicated dialer?

I presume that i would need a dedicated T1 line or something similar to attach to the dialer?

Is there an off the shelf solution for the dialer and the web interface which could be put together quickly?
If so could you suggest some makes and models?

As an alternative,Do you know of any companies that can offer this service ie lease part of their equipment
or is it always better to go solo?

In a nutshell this is for a personal numbering service,..

Many thanks
Mazz
More
10 years 9 months ago #38365 by Nevins

Do yo uknow what the pro's and cons are between the pc and dedicated dialer?

As far as the differences in the dialer types it's going to be varied between models.

I presume that i would need a dedicated T1 line or something similar to attach to the dialer?

You are going to need some sort of unlink service for the dialer system for sure. The size of the link is going to depend on the usage on the wire.

If so could you suggest some makes and models? As an alternative,Do you know of any companies that can offer this service ie lease part of their equipment
or is it always better to go solo?

I would suggest you speak with your local ISP about services they offer for call centers and pick your model based on that. Personally I would be the wrong person to offer advice on this.

In a nutshell this is for a personal numbering service,..

I'm not sure what type of personal numbering service you're talking about but you REALLY want to pay attention to the consumer protection act of 1991 if you operate in the united states. Basically it puts restrictions on auto-dialer services and allows for assessed penalties if you commit infractions on these rules. I'm not 100% sure about the fee structure but I've heard a good way to make money off companies that use auto dialer services is to add your self to the do-not-call list record the incoming call and then litigate. Someone could correct me if I'm misinformed but the fee for each infraction can be up to $15,000. If you're operating in some other country check the laws there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_Consumer_Protection_Act_of_1991

Useful Threads
More
10 years 9 months ago #38366 by thebox
Replied by thebox on topic Re: web based api Dialer???
It would be a "follow me" service so you always have the same
number even if your cell/mobile number changes.

I am trying to do an initial trial/prototype to see if the
idea works..

I will have the front end soon, which will translate the numbers and so
want to get an interface plus dialer set up.

I think it will be simpler to go for an auto dialer with active server pages
to drive it. Can you get auto dialers with built-in api's

Still in the dark as to which auto dialer? any suggestions
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #38368 by Nevins
Well if you're just doing a prototype you may want to set up with a demo cloud based service. The nice thing about cloud services is they are very scalable so you don't have to have your own hardware and given your just doing a dial you may not need a giant internet connection(depending on how you are planning on doing this)

Search: Cloud contact center

www.3clogic.com/
www.liveops.com/product/liveops-contact-center-platform
www.vocalcom.com/en/virtual-call-center-...%2Fview%2FAutodialer
www.incontact.com/call-center-software/i...tact-center-platform

Useful Threads
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Nevins.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds