Skip to main content

Network Disconnects everyday at same time

More
11 years 8 months ago #38074 by defsoul
Hello,

I've got a windows server 2008 r2 network with windows 7 Pro. At 4pm everyday all the network shares seem to disconnect for a couple of minutes.

I checked if there are any tasks scheduled to run at that time but nothing, i've uninstalled anti virus and everything that i could think of but still at 4pm it disconnects and you can see the red X on the shared drives. I've also disabled the autodisconnect.

The server is both the DC and file server and theres only 5 PC's connected at the moment

Thanks
More
11 years 8 months ago #38077 by Arani
Hi defsoul

This could be turn out to be a network issue. How does those pcs connect to the server i.e. what is the network structure which binds all these pc and the server?

It could be an intermediate node or something similar which plays up everyday at the same time.

Let us know

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
11 years 8 months ago #38078 by defsoul
All the PC's and server connect using a switch, the other thing is that there two networks on one physical lan 10.1.1.x and 172.16.2.x,could this be the cause of the problem. I've also noticed a user using utorrent which i suspect she starts it a the sametime when she goes home
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #38080 by Arani
Hi defsoul

I would start looking at the utorrent issue. If possible, intervene and stop the utorrent downloads for one day or if possible for several days. See if that makes a difference. If the switch has a log, check if any port shows unusual activity i.e. too much traffic. Track that port and see why this is happening.

Let us know how you get along

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Arani.
More
11 years 8 months ago #38085 by Nevins
If it doesn't hurt anything I would play the kill the node game. Goto the end user pc's and pull network cables and if it brings the rest of your shares up you've solved your problem. If not it's likely on the server and at least you've eliminated hosts as your suspects. If it does end up being the host open task manager and see what programs are actively running and then try to devine what may be happening from that.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
11 years 8 months ago #38088 by defsoul
Hi,

I uninstalled the utorrent and it seems to be fine for the past few days now i'll monitor and see it it starts misbehaving again, Unfortunately the user that had installed the utorrent is now in trouble.
thanks a lot
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds