Skip to main content

Issues with Cisco Configuration Professional

More
12 years 1 month ago #37843 by Arani
Hi all

I'm trying to backup and then upload a configuration file using Cisco Configuration Professional.

But I can't seem to connect to the 1800 router that I am trying to use. If I am on 'Online' mode, it can't connect to the device. When I go on 'Offline' mode, I can connect to the router but the Utilities section is greyed out and I can only see the 'View' section. By forcing the CP to go back to 'Online' mode I can get get the other options enabled but I can't seem to be able to upload any configuration whatsover.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 1 month ago #37849 by Chris
Arani,

Missed this topic - why bother using CCP mate when you can use the good old CLI method and a TFTP server? I rarely use GUI for Cisco devices - I think they produce more problems than what they are worth :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 1 month ago #37850 by babis
Hi i think tha you must try to logon first wirh cli and enable http authentication .
If you enable this and countinious have this problem try to connect with SDM
More
12 years 1 month ago #37851 by Arani
Hi Chris

It's not for me. I could flash up the IOS and the config in my sleep using the CLI. It's for a bunch of people who don't have any Cisco knowledge but need to upload a config onto a 1801 router. So I thought I could rustle up something using the CCP which would be simple, using screenshots to show them how it's done.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds