Skip to main content

ISR 1941 as a DHCP client on Gi0/0

More
12 years 5 months ago #37607 by talk2sp
Thanks a Million Chris. I will work on the leads you have provided. From all indications, it smells easily fixable.

Will post an update soon.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #37609 by talk2sp
@Chris.

I was just scrolling through an article on technet about DHCP server config and it specified that to deploy dhcp server on winserver2008, you must have a static ip address. Now this static ip address i assuming they are referring to the one from the ISP. Now in this case were the 3G usb Modem does not get a static ip from the provider. Will our solution and lead still be feasible. I am raising this because yesterday after i shared the 3G connection, it automatically gave an interface that i selected an IP of 192.168.0.1 but when i connected that interface directly to my notebook, it did not give my notebook an address. First i thought may be my config of DHCP was not accurate but I rechecked and will still recheck today.

Chris since the 3GUSB modem does not get a static IP address can it still serve us for what we are trying to achieve here?

If the connection was straight that is from the ISP modem (even if it's a dynamic ip), I will simply do; Router(config-if)#ip address dhcp but right now since it is usb, i have to use the server. And Looks like the server is not distributing DHCP addresses because the IP it is receiving is not a static IP.

Will be patiently and eagerly awaiting your comments Chris.

Thanks.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by talk2sp. Reason: Update
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds