Skip to main content

VPN network

More
12 years 8 months ago #37296 by bubeeza
VPN network was created by bubeeza
How can people upload from me with a vpn network useing utorrent? if I use utorrent conecting through a vpn network I thought it was a private network. How do people still connect to me?
12 years 8 months ago #37297 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: VPN network
If that VPN network has internet access (i.e you can browse internet while on VPN) then poeple on the internet can connect to you (if there was no firewalling or NATing that prevents it).

A VPN is just a tunnel (pipe), the traffic is private only inside that tunnel. Once it reaches the other VPN side, you will appear exactly like a person who is physically connected to the network on the VPN side, thus if torrent users can reach you in that network, they will reach you when your VPNing to that network.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
12 years 8 months ago #37302 by rizin
Replied by rizin on topic Re: VPN network
It is just a guess that Torrent will or not able to access the VPN, did any one see in practice that Intruders can able to enter into Secure VPN, What about SSL Mobile VPN ?

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
12 years 7 months ago #37322 by big_g
Replied by big_g on topic Re: VPN network
In a tunnel there are features to ensure that both sides and only boths of the connection can recieve the data. There is obviously the encryption AES, 3DES etc but also a SHA1 or MD5 hash to ensure the data hasnt been compromised and can only be read by both trusted partys.

I guess the only way an intruder could get the data is if they know the encryption keys.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds